Guilty Pleasures

30 Sep

The Hills is back. And, thank goodness for Kristin Cavallari, who will no doubt bring back the drama and cattiness. While I loved Lauren Conrad and Whitney Port, I was growing tired of their intern fashion world. Give me a man-stealing-spunky-troublemaker any day of the week. (Not in real life, of course.)

King of the Crown is a new show on TLC, about a pageant coach (his name is Cy Frakes) from Columbia, South Carolina. For reality show junkies like me, this show is heaven. He tells young women if they need more cardio or if when they open their mouth stupidity comes out. It sounds rude, but he’s incredibly tactful. Well, not incredibly. Just tactful. Interestingly enough, one of his clients is Caitlin Upton, from the Miss Teen USA pageant a few years back (you remember her, the “some people don’t have maps” girl), so you know he has his work cut out for him.

I know what your thinking – you’re judging me. But the way I see it, we use our brains enough during the day – give yours a rest a few nights a week by watching one of these. Or both of them. And The Rachel Zoe Project. Someone take the remote away from me.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Guilty Pleasures”

1. Annette October 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm #

Shut the Front Door! I was totally going to ask you if you watched King of the Crown. I saw it last night and LOVED it!!! my favorite part was when shane was trying to school ms. south carolina on 'current events' and he kept saying 'she's just so precious'.

2. Mandi October 1, 2009 at 7:18 pm #

How about when the one guy cried when he saw her in her gown? Seriously?I am so glad you watched it!

3. Annette October 1, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

i actually loved that moment. and i kept being like 'that will be on the soup' no, THAT will be on the soup. so many great moments.

4. Annette October 1, 2009 at 8:46 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

5. Carissa October 2, 2009 at 12:21 am #

i am sometimes worried that i'll have a group of intelligent, judgy people over one night and accidentally flash my… dvr! real housewives, sytycd, toddlers and tiaras, j&k+8 and millionaire matchmaker…. watch out! i am just bummed i missed king of the crown!

6. Allie October 9, 2009 at 5:53 am #

OK, I'm kind of hooked on The Rachel Zoe project, but girlfriend is a wee bit too skinny! I'll have to check out King of the Crown.